Tuesday 22 November 2016

Experiential learning. The Pipits crawled through a tunnel and described what it was like!


Yousef El Mardini
Shuffling through the tunnel, it was as black as obsidian, I was as blind as a bat. Apprehensively I continued to shuffle through the tunnel, shaking with fear. My hand shot back when I touched a rotten banana skin. I fell down when I saw string, I thought it was spiders’ webs. It was like the world with no sun, with litterbugs. I felt petrified touching rotten old banana and orange skins, it was the worst sensation of my life. There were pieces of rocks and cinnamon and even a piece of palm tree – why would my lovely, lovely teacher do something so so so so so so very horrible?

Hamzah Yagham
As soon as Mrs Orange said it was my turn, butterflies flew into my tummy. I peered carefully into the dim, gloomy tunnel. I felt frightened. When I tumbled into the tunnel, I felt like it was a dream. "Yuck!" there was something slimy – I thought I was going to puke! In the tunnel I smelt the odour of rotten bananas. I heard muffling sounds outside that startled me.
“Is that sand? It sounds like rice!”
When I came out there was dust padding my knees. While I was washing my hands, I was very relieved that I didn’t die!






Relief!

The spider webs.


Inside the tunnel

Not a happy chappy!
Ms Gale relieved to be out! "I made it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment